New Jeep Owner!

Club Info, Meeting Info, Minimum Club Requirements, Off Road "How To" Guide, Safety Topics, and Tread Lightly

New Jeep Owner!

Postby WesternSun » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:50 am

Just purchased my very first vehicle, a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon. I'd just like to introduce myself here as I'm interested in talking with some fellow Jeepers.

My name is Dan and I live in East Selkirk. I'm 23 years old and I've had a Jeep Liberty for a couple of years. It was an automatic and built more for driving than off road, it could haul a trailer full of wood no problem but I wouldn't want to take it down any rough trails.

I finally saved up enough money and bought a TJ, she's everything I was looking for and more.

Here's a pic:

I'd be interested in meeting up to talk or even hit the trails. I don't really have much experience and I'm still learning stick but I'm at a point where I'd feel comfortable putting down a light trail.

Thanks!
WesternSun

Re: New Jeep Owner!

Postby WAMPA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Welcome, I used to have a 2004 TJ Rubicon also. Great choice!
WAMPA

Postby jeepsterjk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Some of us get together every Sunday night in portage have in the parking lot beside the pal come drop by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeepsterjk

Postby jdam » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Welcome Dan...nice rig!

We will be having a club meeting this Wednesday July 2nd at Jefferies on Henderson Hwy. Come by and check it out. You can meet some of our members there, after the meeting we usually hang out in the parking lot and talk Jeep. There we discuss vehicle mods /upgrades as well as upcoming runs and other trips. You will be able to get first hand feedback on various products from the many after market suppliers. Also you if your looking for people to wheel with, this would be a good place to start :D
Last edited by jdam on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Rubicon Unlimited

De Oppresso Liber
jdam

Postby LOBSTER » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:35 pm

If you are not busy Saturday, we have a 2 part run ideal for new people. For the time being, I will grant you temporary member access. Look in the members section under closed runs for more information about this Saturday.
"...because without pictures/videos, it didn't happen."
| Gary (plus Teresa, Jack, and Amelia) | Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
LOBSTER

Postby El Baja » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Welcome nice ride dirol]
RRJC SOUTH CHAPTER Las Vegas NV
El Baja

Postby WesternSun » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Unfortunately I work this Saturday but I might be able to make the July 2nd meeting. Is there anything that I should bring or is it just a meet and greet kind of thing?
WesternSun

Postby Jay-P » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Bring an empty stomach, as the food there is great! Also an extra $25 if you would like to become a member.

Great looking Jeep, is this the one that had no backseat?
1992 YJ + 2012 JKUR
Jay-P

Postby Glen Clark » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome. I've always had a thing for the TJ Rubi's. Great looking rig!
Glen Clark

Postby WesternSun » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 am

Jay-P wrote:Bring an empty stomach, as the food there is great! Also an extra $25 if you would like to become a member.

Great looking Jeep, is this the one that had no backseat?

It is, there is a back seat in there but it just needs to be mounted down. I'm thinking of taking it out as there isn't much room for people back there anyway.
WesternSun

Postby LOBSTER » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 am

If you get rid of it, and don't plan on putting it back, you can re-register as a truck for cheaper insurance.
| Gary (plus Teresa, Jack, and Amelia) | Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
LOBSTER

Postby WesternSun » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 pm

LOBSTER wrote:If you get rid of it, and don't plan on putting it back, you can re-register as a truck for cheaper insurance.

Wow, that's a great piece of advice. Thanks!
WesternSun

Postby LOBSTER » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:25 pm

WesternSun wrote:
LOBSTER wrote:If you get rid of it, and don't plan on putting it back, you can re-register as a truck for cheaper insurance.

Wow, that's a great piece of advice. Thanks!

If you go that route, make sure you ask if that can be reversed by reinstalling seat and re-registering. Would be good to know if it is a one way thing, like registering a vehicle under ORV plates.
LOBSTER

Postby Jeff Calford » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:21 pm

I touched on this since I removed my rear seats. I got a form to fill out and I asked I may want to switch back and forth from a 2 passenger to 4 and they said it was a $20 charge each time. That is the info I got from my insurance broker so it should be correct (hopefully).
Jeff Calford

Postby TheHurricane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 pm

I looked into doing this with a few of my tjs. The actual savings is not very much per year if memory serves. I never ended up doing it as I do sometimes carry passengers
TheHurricane

Return to NEW MEMBERS & VISITORS - Click Here!