New jk owner!

Club Info, Meeting Info, Minimum Club Requirements, Off Road "How To" Guide, Safety Topics, and Tread Lightly

What should I get? Fenders? Opinions? Also light bar?

XRC fender armour
33%
Bushwacker billet fender
33%
50 inch Cree light bar
33%

Total votes : 3

New jk owner!

Postby Daniel JJ Bernardin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 am

Hey just got a new 14 JK. Names Daniel and I am 17years old I'm running on 35s and 2.5 inch American expedition vehicle lift! I want opinions on small upgrades I can do on my jeep to look better! And for protecting my rad should I just get grill inserts? Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpg
Interior
image.jpg
Topless
image.jpg
Mud :)
image.jpg
Grille light! Mean look!
Daniel JJ Bernardin

Re: New jk owner!

Postby jdam » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Welcome Daniel

Do plan on taking that bad boy out on the trails? If so what's your flavour? Mud, Rock, Sand ? Light casual wheeling or hardcore rock crawling?

You may want to consider steel bumpers and flat fenders. Lots of LCF too (looks cool factor) with function. Whether a mall crawler or a rock crawler a must on a Jeep drinks]
2013 Rubicon Unlimited

De Oppresso Liber
jdam

Postby Daniel JJ Bernardin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:15 pm

I do some mud now! Just getting confidence and putting her together right now! I'm planning on getting a offroad bumper and winch. Okay imma look into flat fenders! Casual trail riding for me is always fun! Hopefully I'll get enough money for some rock sliders cause they look bad * and function well for hangups haha.

Also looking for a hitch. Might also invest in some body cladding. Hoping to learn from more experienced trail riders and places to go!
Daniel JJ Bernardin

Postby LOBSTER » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Welcome!

Metal fenders are high on my list as I am tired of tearing out plastic clips and replacing them. Also, the stock flares are hard to clean out and collect debris like crazy. My $0.02.

Best thing you could do is form an end game for your Jeep then plan modifications based on repairs, needs over wants, and always be willing to adjust the build to suit your evolving needs. The more you mod, the more you specialize so get out there and see what you like doing the most and cater to it.

Come to a meeting. There is one on Wednesday night and check out the different Jeeps. Best way to save $$$ is learn from club members mistakes on what works and doesn't. Saving $$$ = quicker build progression.
"...because without pictures/videos, it didn't happen."
| Gary (plus Teresa, Jack, and Amelia) | Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
LOBSTER

Postby Glenn Harrison » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am

It`s early and Im bored so.... Based off of the 3 things you wrote up on the voting pole, your interested in fenders of some sort.

I have installed the xrc fender armor for a friend and they are good, strong and cool but the police wont like it. Too much tire not covered. So save your money.

The bushwacker billet fenders are wayyy to much coverage. They look out of place for a 10.5-12.5in wide tire unless you run wheel spacers or a new rim width or offset to counter balance them. So again, more money is needed to fit the look.

The cree light bar is cool, I know, I want one but then you`ll need a harness and mounting brackets which can add up in money again.

Ask yourself, what needs are before wants. Try to figure out what you`ll use the most. Get all the recovery gear, tools, spare small parts and then get the big stuff.

Rock sliders are my most favorite mod, most functional thing on my jeep and they get smashed alot in the rocks. I`d say get these first and then bumpers. You cant go wrong with a little steel to smash into things and to help get you pulled out because the factory tow hooks suck big time.
Glenn Harrison

Postby El Baja » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 am

Also get a good CB radio dirol]
RRJC SOUTH CHAPTER Las Vegas NV
El Baja

Postby Daniel JJ Bernardin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks for the pointers! good]
Daniel JJ Bernardin

Postby JeepBob » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:43 am

El Baja wrote:Also get a good CB radio dirol]

Yes, if you're planning to off road with a group/club, you will feel "left out" if you don't have one. Sometimes the chatter on the radio is a lot of fun, but it is also great for tips/warnings/spotting from another vehicle while on the trail. (safety)

There is a lot of good information for a newbie here: OFF ROAD GUIDE - EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
JeepBob

Postby El Baja » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:01 am

JeepBob wrote:
El Baja wrote:Also get a good CB radio dirol]

Yes, if you're planning to off road with a group/club, you will feel "left out" if you don't have one. Sometimes the chatter on the radio is a lot of fun, but it is also great for tips/warnings/spotting from another vehicle while on the trail. (safety)

There is a lot of good information for a newbie here: OFF ROAD GUIDE - EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS

Good wright up Bob on the OFF ROAD GUIDE definitely a must read for the new members dirol]
RRJC SOUTH CHAPTER Las Vegas NV
El Baja

Return to NEW MEMBERS & VISITORS - Click Here!