New guy

Club Info, Meeting Info, Minimum Club Requirements, Off Road "How To" Guide, Safety Topics, and Tread Lightly

New guy

Postby Nhil » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Hey guys,

I picked up a 14 JKU sport in Anvil about a week ago and figured this would be a good place to start. Looking to head out on some trails and learn a few things. Going to try not to go too crazy with the mods right away but that's probably wishful thinking. Going to start with some 285 Duratracs and go from there, still trying to work out the whole backspacing versus fender coverage issue. I had a lifted XJ a few years back, sold it and went the sports car route for a few years but Winnipeg really isn't the place for summer only vehicles, I wanted something fun year round. Traded back up to a JK and really pleased with it so far.

Crappy cell picture
Nhil

Re: New guy

Postby jeepsterjk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Be sure to come to meeting to meet everyone and see all the jeeps. Meeting is at 730 on Jeffries on Henderson hwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeepsterjk

Postby Nhil » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Couldn't get away for the meeting but hopefully I can make the next one
Nhil

Postby Jay-P » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Nice jeep, I love that color!
1992 YJ + 2012 JKUR
Jay-P

Postby jdam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Welcome to the madness
2013 Rubicon Unlimited

De Oppresso Liber
jdam

Postby LOBSTER » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

The vehicle is more capable than you think as is. Don't rush into things and you will be fine. Meet some others, ask why they did X or Y then go on a few rides to get a feel which direction, if any, you would like to take your Jeep in.

Welcome to the obsession.
"...because without pictures/videos, it didn't happen."
| Gary (plus Teresa, Jack, and Amelia) | Club Treasurer | 2013 JKUR in Rock Lobster |
LOBSTER

Postby jeepsterjk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:22 pm

And I agree with duratrac the factory tires are crap in winter but no need for lift as lobster had wheeled his stock rubicon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeepsterjk

Postby El Baja » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Nhil wrote:Hey guys,

I picked up a 14 JKU sport in Anvil about a week ago and figured this would be a good place to start. Looking to head out on some trails and learn a few things. Going to try not to go too crazy with the mods right away but that's probably wishful thinking. Going to start with some 285 Duratracs and go from there, still trying to work out the whole backspacing versus fender coverage issue. I had a lifted XJ a few years back, sold it and went the sports car route for a few years but Winnipeg really isn't the place for summer only vehicles, I wanted something fun year round. Traded back up to a JK and really pleased with it so far.

Crappy cell picture

Welcome nice color let us know what your end result is going to be
Pics are nice to dirol]
RRJC SOUTH CHAPTER Las Vegas NV
El Baja

Return to NEW MEMBERS & VISITORS - Click Here!